ROSE Community Transformer (RCT) Training
November 16 @ 10:00 am - November 17 @ 3:00 pmFree
The ROSE Community Transformer Training is a two-day workshop utilizing an evidence-based curriculum on providing peer breastfeeding support. During the training, individuals learn the essential skills for providing peer counseling in the area of lactation management and methods for making referrals to resources for interventions outside of their scope of practice. They are also taught how to lead ROSE breastfeeding clubs. Individuals must apply to become a ROSE Community Transformer, once the application is reviewed it is followed by a phone interview and then an invitation to the training.
Those that participate and in this training will then be connected to all of the ROSE Community Transformers that have undergone our training. Through this network, they will have access to resources and methods for tracking their reach.
- Has breastfed for at least 6 months within the past 5 years
- Has a positive breastfeeding experience
- Has a vested interest in providing breastfeeding peer support in your community
- Must commit to attending the 2-day training
- Complete Application
- Application is reviewed
- Phone Interview will take place 2 weeks prior to the scheduled training
- Invitation to 2-day training